Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boundless Emotions

On April 8th 2009, my sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in India. That's when I was in tears -tears of joy and regret! Joy because he was MY nephew. I felt an instant bond with him right away. Regret because of being so far away from my family, not being able to be with them in the moments of joy. I could not even make it to my SIL's baby shower.

Well, but what is done is done. I do not want to hang on to the past. I want to look forward to the future and the future is Puneet (PM0)! That's what we have named my little nephew. When he was born I felt the joy in my heart that cannot be expressed. I just felt as if I got a new baby (w/o the pregnancy and labor). I wanted to hold him, squeeze him tightly and love him endlessly! As a matter of fact even my kids showed an instant connection with him. It's really amazing!! I think he revived my maternal instincts. In fact, if I look back, at least in the past 3 years, I have always loved my kids but my parenting style was turning into following instructions of the parenting manual (the invisible one that exists) and checking off on the tasks accomplished like read to kids, brush before bed, feed healthy foods, etc. I had lost the idea of enjoying my kids and the time I get with them.

Coming back to PM0,every time I hear him cry on the phone, I get the same feelings I did when my kids cried. I gave massages to my kids, but when it comes to PM0, I don't like the massage lady. Neither do I agree with my mom's beliefs of massaging and that too with besan! Why do you have to do that to the poor infant who is at your mercy? I do not believe something is good for my nephew if it causes him discomfort.

On an ending note, one more reason I love him is because PM0 resembles me. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment