Monday, July 26, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gift





This year my kids made cute cork boards for their teachers as an appreciation gift.
I found these cork boards at Michael's Craft Store for $2.49 on clearance. IP and SP glued crayons on the border to give it a framed look. (see the third and fourth picture). They both poked their teacher's initials with the jeweled push pins and wrote a thank you note. IP wanted to use a big word instead of 'from' so he tried sincerely.... misspelled it! Good try though. Btw, SP does not like to copy IP. Since IP had both initials of his teacher, SP decided to drop the last name of his teacher and use the rest of the pins to make a line. Because IP made a frame with two crayons, he made it with one. He likes to be different!
Their teacher's were very happy because it was not another mug or lotion or candle. It was something that they could actually use in the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Thanks for joining in on the party...I do hope you enjoy some other participants as well...I have some great gals that participate and comment and will do the same for you. Looking forward to seeing you again. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie:
    Thank you once again! You are my first follower other than my cousin and hubby and I am your 850th follower!
    Take care,
    HVP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I'm sure the teacher will love it!
    Thanks for linking up at Kidding Around Friday!

    ReplyDelete