Saturday, January 22, 2011

In It To End It

Okay I think I am on a roll here! I have taken charge and I guess in one of those hyper moments I did the unimaginable.

I registered for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in Chicago on 06/04/11 and 06/05/11.

I wanted to start training for a marathon but I have zero faith in myself when it comes to running so I didn't even look into it. I heard about the Walk on the radio yesterday. Then when I went for IP's Ice Hockey lessons, my friend, SN, asked if I wanted to sign up for it. Today at work, LS tells me she saw a flier in the mail for the walk and asked me if I wanted to sign up for it. Now, during the 12+ years in the US, why did this have to happen only now? Why wasn't I approached before? I guess this must be a sign that the time is right.

I clearly told the host at the introductory meeting that neither do I know any breast cancer patients/survivors nor am I one. Touch wood!! So I don't have a personal motivation or passion for the walk. I am just doing it so that I have a goal to reach and I have a training plan in place. The benefit is that they assign you a walk coordinator who works with you throughout. If I want to back off I can do so as late as 2 weeks before the walk. So the most I will loose is the registration fee.

Now comes the problem! I have to raise $1,800.00. How in the World can I do that? I don't even have the courage to ask people who owe me money..... how will I ask for charity? God please help me.

I will give it a shot... I am not going to back off. I remember the story of The Engine that could. I should chant i think i can, i think i can, i think i can.... I will be able to do it!

I will do it for myself and all the ladies fighting breast cancer and/or domestic violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment