Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mock Champagne



The yellow drink in the above picture is the drink featured in this post. The red one is Sangria which will follow shortly and the clear one is the biggest thirst quencher - our dear old H2O.

I came across this recipe by accident. I was looking for a virgin mocktail with minimum ingredients. Since I am not a fan of drinks or juices, I wasn't too sure about the taste, but I had a feeling it wouldn't taste that bad. The gingerale was making me a little skeptical but the other ingredients sounded yummy! So, without giving it a second thought, I gave it a try and boy was it a hit or what?

The recipe is pretty simple! All you need is ~
  • 1 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale, chilled
  • 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
  • 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle white grape juice, chilled
and all you have to do is mix all the ingredients right before serving. I combined the pineapple juice and white grape juice about two hours before serving and then added the ginger ale right before serving.

All the guests loved it. I had a lot of requests for the recipe. It was a big hit with the kids at the party also. My kids loooovvvee it!
Personally, I am not a fan of carbonated drinks. I enjoyed it after an hour when the carbonation in the ginger ale got to do it's thing and settle down.
It is great the way it is, however, some adults did add vodka to make it a grown up drink. One thing I would recommend is that give it a stir every now and then because the pineapple juice tends to settle down like you see in the picture. The lighter yellow on the bottom is pineapple juice.

Other than that, it is pretty simple and delectable!!

Serve it chilled and enjoy!

Recipe courtsey : www.allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment