Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Embellished Envelopes


I found some plain envelopes made of fancy pearlized paper at JoAnn’s. They were on sale at 50 cents a pack so I thought of grabbing a few and embellishing them so that I have a more personalized and customized envelope next time I have to give money as a gift. I don’t like to use the decorative alternatives from India with the traditional designs and best/good wishes printed on them. I find the nicer ones expensive and the cheaper ones are way too cheap for my taste. So… off I go! I purchased some ribbon that was on sale and some ‘gems’ and other embellishments from JoAnn’s that were 50% off. Here are some of my creations...

Flip flop embellishments




These gems
were placed horizontally and vertically to make
 


We were recently invited to  a wedding in Canada. I came to know that the bride's favorite color is purple. So I used the purple paper cut outs to design what follows







2 comments:

  1. Cute :) I'll use this idea for gift packing!

    Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun.

    The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/09/tea-time-thursdays-5-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete