Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Leftover Party!

My camera somehow switches to 2004..... I have tried everything, but it doesn't work. So, please ignore the date on the pictures. These pictures were taken on 09/04/11.

My friends had come over for a leftover party i e food left over from the night before. I had cooked the meal for a different set of guests, but when my friend, AM, came to know that I had a ton of left overs, she volunteered to come over for lunch because both her and  I don't like food to be wasted.

Now because of her kind act, I wanted to serve the food in style!! Not make her feel like she is really eating leftovers so this is what  I did.................Glass for water, ice cream cup for kheer, one bowl for gulab jamun, one bowl for raita, dinner plate for the main course and the salad plate for papad and salad.





Thank God for such lovely friends!


4 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful idea! Saw you on linky party and now gfc following you, would love it if you popped by my blog, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha... I always thought we were the only mental ones who had left over parties.. So pleased you do it too.. Looks lovely!! the table setting very warm.. for close friends.. I guess!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karima: Your blog is awesome! Love your upcycled projects.

    @Lisascraftiques: Thank you! My table mats don't match that good... I am on a look out for better ones. I did not want the self print ones and the plain ones in contrasting colors look too springy for this time of the year.

    @ Patricia: its mental ones like us who make this World a fun place to live in :))
    I tried to link back your blog to my post, but I couldn't do it. Any suggestions?
    Btw, your blog and work is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete