Friday, September 23, 2011

My First Yarn Wreath!!


Supplies needed:
A wreath form
Yarn 
Felt 
Glue 

I  purchased the squares from the kids craft area in Michael's. I am such a newbie to crafting that I learned after making the wreath that the felt from the kids area is not the right kind or I should say preferred kind. 

Expert crafters believe that the precut squares are more stiff. The best felt would be from the bolts in the sewing area. Too late for me though.... I learned it the harder way.



The first and the most time consuming step is to wrap wreath with the yarn.It took me good hour and half to finish it.


Now comes the fun part... making the embellishments. I had so much fun making the flowers that I went overboard. My wreath will show an overload of embellishments. I folded a piece of felt in half and then half again and then cut the squares. 
Next, I free handed spirals with scissors on the felt square. 
Then, start rolling from either the inner corner or outer corner and glue the end. 


I know, I know I need a better camera! I have been giving hubs some hints .... let's see if Santa surprises me with one.

 Coming back to the wreath.....the best part was hot gluing the flowers to the wreath. I was not too happy with the yellow. I think it is a little too strong for the yarn and God alone knows what was I thinking while making green flowers... but hey I am a newbie crafter and the excitement took over.


Check it out and let me know what you think.

On my bedroom door:


 On my dining room mirror:


 I personally think I should have picked better colors and gone easy on the embellishments. But because I was in the kids area for the felt, I think all they had were strong primary colors. Next time I will check out the sewing area and come up with better embellishments. I loved making the flowers so much.... I am definitely going to try it one more time.

Linking it to Patty's weekly party , Tina's Highlight Sunday, Motivate Me Monday, The More the Merrier, Craft Catwalk

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to *Highlight Sunday* with your lovely work :). May be you forget to link back? Thanks for doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! It may have taken a long time to wrap the wreath, but totally worth the effort. Looks fantastic! I'm a new follower from the embellishing life link party.

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at my Restyled Sunday's party. This turned out really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nicolewian, Tina's PicStory, Ann, The Doodler: Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute wreath! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites. Please come back and link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't yarn wreaths so fun! I recently made my first too. I think that I'm officially addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreaths are simply gorgeous... Loved how you've made this look so simple to make.. really!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours! The wreath looks great! x

    ReplyDelete