Wednesday, October 5, 2011

20 cent Wall Art

A couple of years ago I had bought this sign as a reminder to enjoy life and use my time wisely. To enjoy every moment and spend as much time as I can with my family. Just a reminder that the time I have been given will not come back again.... be it with my kids or hubby.

my camera switched to 2004 again! :(

I decided to change it so..... I got to work!

I purchased a scrap book paper from Michael's for $0.20, cut it to fit the board and modge podged it on the sign. 

yay my camera is back to 2011.

Then, I free handed the following on the sign:

'The Best Things in Life aren't things' with a sharpie. (I messed up on the apostrophe in spite of going over contractions with Ishaan recently.)


Here it is on my gallery wall




13 comments:

  1. You are awesome HVP .........i always liked your ideas a lot, they are fantabulous.You rock girl,love you always:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Anchal! Your response to all my projects is very encouraging and motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect! Love what you did to it!!! Made it way prettier!! Found you via Someday Crafts. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/10/chest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathryn Ferguson Griffin! I am a newbie crafter and I am trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... !! This is fabulous... I want one of these for myself too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Emreen! I did have small goof ups, but I am pleased with the overall result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new sign! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great!!
    i would love for you to link this post up to flashback fridays, a link party i have going on where bloggers can link up any post that reminds them of the word flashback! here is the link:
    http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2011/10/flashback-friday-5-and-my-new-favorite.html
    i would love to see you there!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quote, and I love that you free handed it! You can't beat the price, either :) Thank you for partying with us~have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! what a lovely quote.. nice!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the quote and you did a good job painting it freehand too. Thank you for sharing. God bless x

    ReplyDelete