Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bring on the festivities II ~ Floating Candle Holders


I love candles! In my home we don't need a reason to have candles all over. A simple dinner party, special days, festivals, anything calls for candles!  My boys love lighting them and of course blowing them off also!

With Navratri going on and Diwali just around the corner, I was exploring my options to add more candles. During a recent trip to Hobby Lobby, I found these Floating Glass Tea Light Holders!

 

They are the best things for someone like me who does not like to buy floating candles because the floating candles are normally expensive than their non swimmer peers. I don't need floating candles anymore! Just put any tea light in the holder and I am all set. These can be used year round. Just change the tea lights!
They are normally $6.99 for four at Hob Lob, but they had 50% sale going on so I got eight for $6.99 which I thought was a deal because I did not have to pay shipping and I did not have to wait for their arrival.

All I did was purchase the vases and stones from Dollar Tree and get the candles floating!!

Doesn't this look pretty?



Floating candle holders can also be purchased from here and here.

11 comments:

  1. Wow ! These look so pretty... !!! I love it... !! Thanks for linking in again ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! :)love the dark green stones!
    And ty for your sweet comments on my blogpost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Poonam and Reshma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh!! what a fabulous idea!! I've never seen this.. huuuumm.. I'd love one of these too.. Must keep my eyes open.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, after buying these I came to know that the tea lights in the silver holders are floating candles. They don't need any holders. Too late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hvp: I was going to say the same...why you need floating holder? they float themselves:)

    ReplyDelete