Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bring on the festivities III ~Happy Ashtami!


Navratri has always been a very special festival in my home! I cleaned the temple and prepared the 
 offering. All the delicacies are nuts and besan free.



This is the first time I cooked a whole meal without tasting anything. I was surprised at how delicious and perfect everything was! I prepared puri, cauliflower and potato sabzi, potato and tomato sabzi, lapsi (a traditional Gujarati sweet dish made with broken wheat), cucumber raita, moong dal pakoda, rice and dal.

10 comments:

  1. The food looks tempting... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth watering dishes!I have a question ..What flour did u use for the pakora? I dont get besan here...is maida ok for the pakora?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Poonam:
    I make mixed veg pakoras with maida and corn flour(starch). These pakoras are made by grinding soaked moong dal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa...mouth watering food...wish someone serves me that thali :D sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vaishnavi! You have a nice name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first image is stunning!! and the food looks absolutely yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great space! Love your beautiful ideas...yummy food!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sanghmitra! Your blog is truly inspirational! I have visited it a few times. I need to become more regular now.

    ReplyDelete