Friday, October 21, 2011

Bring on the festivities IV

Once Navratri was over, I was thinking Diwali is far away.

Between Navratri and Diwali were too many fun things going on. Viren's cousin came over from the Bay area, fall was in the air so we had to do our round of fall pictures, and the most fun was my trip to Las Vegas with my bestest friend, Nimisha. We went there to celebrate our 35th birthdays and 25 years of being friends....cool na!

my camera is acting up again... so not cool 


We had sooooo much fun is Vegas we chatted and chatted and chatted. We spent almost four hours in Bellagio chatting away to glory. There was a small couch on which we spread apart when there was no one else and chatted; and scooted (like my son says) real close to let older folks rest for a while and continued chatting. Gosh... girls have so much to talk... it was TALK and not GOSSIP at all. We don't do that kind of stuff.  Bad girls gossip. We are good girls! On the first evening, we watched Zumanity. It is a Cirque Du Soleil (CDS) show so obviously there were a lot acrobatic acts. I do not want to comment on the show. If you would like to know why.... check out the clippings on CDS' website and decide for yourself.

Well, after coming back from Vegas... it was time to get ready for Diwali. Moreover, I am hosting the Diwali party at my place this year so had to prepare for that also. A few things checked off my to do list:

Clean Silver {check}





Clean Copper {check}
I use Bar Keeper's Friend to clean my silver and copper artifacts. That thing is GOOD for the tarnish... but very bad for my hands. I gave up after cleaning the ones pictured above and below. Let's see if I would like to attempt some more tomorrow.




Wash Crystal Stemware for the party {check}



No party is complete without fresh flowers. Buy red roses {check}



To be continued......

14 comments:

  1. So far everything looks very good...your silver and copper are shining..waiting for more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your preparations look awesome! And glad to hear so much fun abt ur trip to Vegas :-) Happy Diwali dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nayana!
    Divs- Thanks and we missed you in Vegas... though we did talk about all of you and remembered you. Even thought of things we would do had we all gone together. Happy Diwali to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful...looks like you are ready for your party. Hope you had fun after all that work. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! a trip to Vegas with the girl friend - that sounds like a dream holiday. It helps to have a list and be ticking them off before the party. My first time on your blog and enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gayle: Thanks and done!
    Elle: Thank you!
    Shanthi: It sure was a like a dream to not have to worry about kids, lunch time, snack time, etc.
    I hope I see more of you here. You have a beautiful blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful party, wish I was coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu have been busy! Looks like you're ready for the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh lovely!! Happy Belated birthday.. and yes.. congrats to 25 years of friendship.. Vegas is always good fun!!

    Your silver ware is stunning.. and so is all your copper.

    Hope you had a fabulous Diwali.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so pretty come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Bday Wishes, hope you had a great time, thanks for joining in The Keybunch Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm impressed with all this cleaning & preparation. Good luck at your event. Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful.. I love the silver pieces... Thanks for linking to the festival party at Liven Things Up (http://liventhingsup.blogspot.com/2011/10/itz-festival-time-2011.html) ... Hope to see you in with more and more entries ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete