Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cinnamon Chips

I love the aroma of anything cinnamon baking in my oven. My boys love these. This is my go to snack when I don't have any healthy snacks/ snack ideas. Moreover, it takes minutes to make these.

 Spread some butter on wheat or flour tortilla.








Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar generously on the chips.




The most important step is to slice the tortillas before baking. I generally use a pizza cutter to make the desired shape.

Bake these in a preheated over at 350 degree F for 10-12 minutes. Keep a close watch on these goodies as they tend to burn very quickly. The tortillas might still be slightly soft when you pull these out of the oven. Once cooled, they will crisp up.

Enjoy.... my boys can polish these of in a matter of minutes.


These chips can also be used in ice-creams or cold coffee as garnish!
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. hmmm...I dont love cinnamon but I will try this baked because I had before deep fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I am definitely going to have to make these. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop. I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! These sound so wonderful. I am going to make them ASAP. I am always looking for great homemade snacks for my little bean. As a new follower, I look forward to reading your posts.

    I am a Dietitian who writes about child nutrition with a holistic approach. Maybe we can post this on my blog???

    http://healthybabybeans.blogspot.com

    Best, Clancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! I may have to make some of these for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good! I have to eat the corn tortillas, but I bet they would still be really good. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nayana: give these a try. You'll like them.
    @ Sally: You have a wonderful blog.
    @ Clancy:Just posted on your blog. Thank you for letting me know.
    @ Samantha: Thank you!
    @ Shiloh: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very clever idea. looks crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anisha: it sure is!

    @ Sayantani: Thank you. It is crunchy and a hit with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! wow!! that looks yumm... I always tot I was following you.. I guess not... I am now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, and so simple too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. PLEASE add my link or button.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Debbie! I have your link on my 'link parties' page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness I want to make these!! Thanks for sharing - what an easy snack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you over at the linkup on thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com! This recipe looks amazing!! We're going to try it out with our gluten free tortillas... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete