You will need:
1. 1 cup black beans (boiled) or 1 can of black beans
2. 1/2 carrot (shredded)
3. 1 stalk of celery (finely chopped)
4. 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
5. 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
6. 1 potato (boiled)
7. Salt as per taste
8. Black pepper powder as per your taste
9. 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
10. 1 tsp. oil
11. Bread crumbs/ bread slices
Start by mashing half the beans and leaving the remaining half intact.
Add mashed potato, carrots and spices.
In a pan add 1 tsp. oil. When the oil heats up, add celery, onion and garlic. Cook for five minutes
and mix this with the vegetable and beans mixture.
If the mixture is soft, add bread crumbs so that you can form proper patties.
Form the patties and roll in bread crumbs.
Shallow fry on a heated pan with a little oil.
Enjoy the burgers with your choice of toppings. We used cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and tomato ketchup. Next time I might not grill the veggies. Instead I will add the bell peppers in the patties and use raw onions as toppings.