Sunday, December 18, 2011

I am ready for Christmas!

Yes, I am .... just in the nick of time! My wreaths are hung, my clock is adorned with ornaments and so are my wall scones.

Every year we buy special ornaments for Ishaan and Shivansh. This year I thought of displaying them differently. I spread them out in a bowl on the coffee table. Shiv loves to go through them everyday after school. At least I am not worried about the tree falling down because he could not find his third ornament.
I made this paper Christmas tree. I really like how it looks. It was a little time consuming, but the result is well worth it!
Next year, I might do more of these in different sizes. Doesn't it look cute?

Even added a little bit of red and green in the bedroom.



Every year when the tree is ready to be decorated, the boys start out and then I do some rearranging and add the finishing touches!
This year we decided to do a blue, gold and silver tree instead of the red and gold that I did last year.
I must have clicked at least 25 shots, but I could not get one decent night shot of my tree. Well, we all like how it turned out, but Shiv doesn't like the tree topper. He tells me at least twice a day if not more that a lighted tree topper will look better. I agree with him, but its too late for me to go shopping now. I will have to come up with something better next year. My little boy does have an eye for design!
Now all that's remaining is putting the gifts under the tree!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wow loved ur idea of displaying the ornament and ur paper Xmas tree is just awesomeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.. everything is sooooooooooo pretty!! I love … love.. how you’ve displayed your cute little ornaments.. I didn’t spend too much time decorating this year.. So no time for new crafts or new ideas.. But that’s ok.. there is always next year ;-)

    Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! Everything is looking so bright and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with the Christmas tree pictures as well.

    Lovely tree.

    ReplyDelete