Sunday, December 4, 2011

Quick Eggless Chocolate Pudding

Now this is what has more pudding like consistency than this!

But the previously prepared chocolate pudding has become a favorite in my home. I have prepared it three days in a row. My boys have had it as an after dinner dessert and breakfast.

Even though Shiv does not like chocolate, he devours this one! He wrote about it here. I would appreciate it if you could read his blog and provide some encouragement to this budding, 7 year old blogger!

Well, coming back to the pudding. This is so simple and quick. The only waiting time is allowing it to set in the refrigerator for an hour.
Recipe source: Veggie Belly
Please visit Veggie Belly for additional tips.



You will need:

Milk: 2 1/4 cups at room temperature
Corn Starch: 2 tbsps
Cocoa powder: 2 tbsps
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp

This is what you do:

1. Make sure the milk is at room temperature.
2. Take approximately half of the milk in a pan and add the corn starch and cocoa powder.
3. Whisk very well. Make sure there are no lumps.
4. Add sugar and vanilla to the remaining milk and heat it.
5. Before it starts boiling, strain the milk containing cocoa powder and corn starch in this pan. Break any lumps in the strainer with a wooden spoon.
6. Continue whisking the milk and bring to a boil.
7. Pour it into individual cups. Cover with foil and let it set in the refrigerator for an hour.

 My corn starch was not that strong. The pudding was still semi liquid after an hour and a half. So I reheated the pudding with an additional 1/2 tbsp of corn starch.

It turned out very smooth and delicious! My son asked me to make it again so I am sure it was good!

Linking it to Jingle all the way @ Edible Entertainment

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! something my 2.5 year old would definitely like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for sending it to my event :) once again, please change my blog name to Edible Entertainment. :) Sorry for the trouble!
    -
    Kavi
    (Edible Entertainment)
    Ongoing events:
    Jingle All The Way &
    Microwave Easy Cooking
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete