Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Remember, in this post I had mentioned about the Chocolate cake that I had baked for the kids at the party? This is what it looked like. 






It was an eggless cake, the recipe of which was loosely adapted from here. I baked two 8"inch cakes and sliced each horizontally into two layers and filled freshly whipped cream, chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries (cubed) between the layers.

Even this cake was extremely moist and delicious like  the Eggless Pineapple Cake. It was devoured by one and all at the party. Both Viren and I did not get a chance to taste it, but the expressions on the kids' faces said it all. Everyone was enjoying it so much and I was receiving so many compliments from my lovely friends that it did not occur to me that I should taste it too. I was so much in the moment. It was unbelievable to me that it was my first attempt and it had turned out so well. My boys were very proud that their Mom had made something that was liked so much by their friends.

The party was on Saturday and the Friday before that all I did was baked all evening. I first baked the sponge for the pineapple cake. Then came the chocolate cake. It was beautifully iced, except I made one mistake. I did not slice each cake. I just put the filling on one cake and topped it with the other and iced it.


I was a little skeptical about it and then when Viren came home he confirmed it. We both thought that the cake will over power the filling. So, I baked one more cake and made it a four layer cake instead of two. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the four layers. You can see what two layers looked like.




This was the first Chocolate cake that I had iced so I was in love with it.



4 comments:

  1. I m gonna try my hand at baking cake...and will let you know how it goes:) yours look deliciously wonderful...your friends r lucky:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nayana! You should try your hand at baking! It is fun. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious drooling over itttt

    ReplyDelete