Friday, April 6, 2012

Farm Cake

Remember the Puppy Cake I baked for my friend's daughter, Gauri? That was a surprise for her on her actual birthday. Her party was today at Monkey Joe's. Now because Gauri loves animals, I baked her a Farm Cake.

I baked two 8" eggless chocolate cakes. I spread some chocolate ganache, whipped cream and sliced strawberries on the first layer. Placed the second layer on top and covered the whole cake with chocolate ganache.

I let the flavors marry overnight. The next day I colored some buttercream frosting with green color and frosted the top of the cake using grass tip to cover the top with grass.




I then piped tiny yellow flowers on the grass.


I piped the fence around the cake with whipped cream.


Placed the animals on the top.

I printed out a barn image on regular paper and glued it on construction paper. I attached a toothpick on the picture with some tape and wrote the message on the picture.

Everyone at the party loved the cake. It was extremely moist and delicious!




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Even I was very pleased with the result.

      Delete
  2. It was fantastic Hetal ..... Thanks a lot for the lovely cake , you had really put on lots of effort .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anchal! It is always a pleasure to bake a cake for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cakes are rocking. My daughter's 6th birthday is in may and she so loves your puppy cake she wants us to make one at home. When I do I shall share the pics with you

    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dr. Sonia! Please do share the pics with me. I look forward to them. The biggest compliment is your daughter wanting a similar cake.

      Delete
  5. thats turned out beautifully... superb!!

    ReplyDelete

- See more at: http://www.spiceupyourblog.com/2012/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-blogger.html#sthash.LIEwzV9l.dpuf