Monday, May 28, 2012

Barbie Doll Cake

Aditi, my friend, Priyanka's little Princess was celebrating her 6th birthday. She requested a Barbie Doll Cake. I had to fulfill that request because it is every little girl's dream to have a Barbie cake once.
I had so much fun baking and making this cake, but it required soooooo much work! I was exhausted by the time I finished this cake.
I started out with two 8" chocolate cakes and I baked one dome shaped cake in a pyrex bowl. I realized that Ms. Barbie was way taller than the three cakes stacked up. So, I had to bake one more cake. I stacked three 8" cakes and topped them with the dome cake. Cut a hole in the center aligning all the cakes and frosted them with Vanilla Cream Cheese frosting. I then piped tiny rosettes on all over the dress. Ms. Barbie was wrapped in saran wrap and slid down the hole.
She turned extremely gorgeous and elegant! She surely had a lot of heads turning.



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Wow,the cake looks gorgeous,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cake any princess would like! How lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's simply fantagorgeous Hetal and damn tasty .....you are superb in this girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are a supermom for sure! This is a great looking (and am sure great tasting) cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Hetal...this is super elegant..love it.. havn't been here so long...u hv been busy...gorgeous cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hetal,
    Your comment on my blog led me here. I am so happy to found your blog love all your cakes specially this doll one is simply irresistible. I am your new follower.
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/3D-Design-Decor-Disha/120411481375123

    ReplyDelete

- See more at: http://www.spiceupyourblog.com/2012/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-blogger.html#sthash.LIEwzV9l.dpuf