Monday, June 10, 2013

I missed you!




O my lovely blog... i missed you so much! It is more than a year since i posted anything on here. I was EXTREMELY busy, but who isn't? I became so engrossed in the daily grind that i forgot to enjoy the little pleasures of life like my blog....little things that bring joy.. like a comment on my blog post from a stranger whom i have never met or seen.... but that comment meant so much to me! I visited my blog everyday and sadly left as i did not have the time to post anything.

So what really kept me busy?

Well, i started working full time which was a huge leap for me as i have always worked part time. My last post was in May of 2012 because that's when i started working full time. I just finished  a year! Wow... kudos Hetal, you did it!

Along with that, I started studying for the CPA exam! The new job and the CPA review course were just three days apart. Boy.... what a crazy few months those were! I had definitely taken a bigger bite than I could chew...hence, I haven't taken any parts of the CPA exam yet. Studying for the CPA exam with  a full time job, the most supportive and co-operative hubby and the most adorable and understanding kids was more than I wanted to handle .... not that it is not doable, but I chose not to for the time being.
My family needs me more than my career!

I don't regret it one single bit because when the time is right.... things will happen effortlessly!

Moving on...what else kept me busy? We decided to buy a home! It was the longest six months we have ever lived because the home we liked was being built. Was it smooth sailing with the builder? HECK NO!!! We had our share of builder dramas and fights and exchanging nasty emails and phone conversations... but it all worked out in the end. They delivered the home as promised and we moved in in March of 2013!
What an amazing feeling it was....stepping into a brand new construction. Everything smelled so new. I did not burn candles for some time because I did not want the new construction smell to fade away..... like a new car smell you know which personally I am not fond of.   The next few weeks were again hectic because we were living out of boxes. Gradually, we started settling in unpacked boxes, ordered furniture and started making this house our HOME! The home where memories will be created!

While all this was happening, my work place added the annual audit to the mix. .. those were some long busy weeks! Phew.... I am so glad its behind me for now but it is not long before it will creep in.

But for now I am back..... not with a bang but with a gentle tap..... hopefully I will be around more!


No comments:

Post a Comment